Call for Art: Alive At The Bluebird, Nashville, TN
Deadline: October 3
Now entering its 24th year, Alive At The Bluebird is the longest-running concert series in Bluebird Cafe history and Alive Hospice’s signature fundraiser.
The winning entry in the 2017 Alive At The Bluebird Poster Contest will be featured on event posters and T-shirts, event programs and other promotional vehicles. Additionally, the winning entry will be signed by participating songwriters and auctioned at the end of the concert series. Plus: Up to 10 entries will be displayed in Alive Hospice’s Gallery! It’s a chance to win notoriety, to have your original work recognized and displayed, to help raise much-needed funding for an organization that does so much good in our community and possibly win prize money.
Call for Art: Seed Space, Nashville, TN
Deadline: Rolling Deadline for 2017-18
Please refer to Past Exhibitions to see the kind of projects Seed Space supports.
Seed Space Lab at Track One
– SS+L Proposals should be temporary, site specific, and we encourage the incorporation of new media technologies.
Seed Social Socially Engaged Works
– SS+S Proposals should engage the public, address a social challenge, and result in presentation.
Seed Performs Performance Art
– SS+P Proposals should occur during openings, thus be no more than 3 hours in length.
Call for Art: Handmade & Bound Nashville’s Stitches+Stories, Watkins College of Art, Design & Film, Nashville, TN
Deadline: August 30
The sixth annual edition of Handmade & Bound Nashville, presented by Watkins College of Art, Design & Film, is calling for artist submissions for the festival’s exhibition, Stitches + Stories. Nashville artist can submit works that fits into the theme of “handmade books of poetry and collage work inspired by the healing power of art, memory and storytelling.” Artist who incorporate fiber art and/or personal essay will be given special consideration. The deadline for submissions is August 30, 2016. The Gallery will be open September 30 through October 14 with an opening reception September 30 at 5-7 pm in the Brownlee O. Currey, Jr. Gallery.
Call for Art: 2nd SHOEBOX, Todd Gallery, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Deadline: November 30, 2016
SHOEBOX is an international juried competition featuring three-dimensional work designed to fit within the inner dimensions of a shoebox selected by each participating artist.
● Each applicant is free to select any shoebox for use from baby-size shoes to boots.
● Shoebox must be used to encase and accompany the shipment of each exhibit selected work.
● Shoebox is intended only as a size guide, not for incorporation into work or as part of display unless that is artist’s desire.
● Shoebox must have been commercially produced and feature the brand of shoe originally contained.
● Double box work after placing work in shoebox first for added shipping protection & packing efficiency.
● Once emptied after delivery shoeboxes will be used for promotional purposes and returned with work at close of exhibit.
Residency: ARC, Artist Residency Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
Deadline: July 31, 2016
The visiting artist residency program provides emerging and established artists time, space and support to experiment and develop a new body of work in a creative supportive environment located in Chattanooga’s burgeoning Southside.
Every four months, an artist is selected to participate in the 1-month program by the board of directors in conjunction with a rotating panel of members from the arts community. Artists are provided room with a local member of the arts community, a shared studio with basic amenities, available studio assistance, and access to basic woodworking tools. At the conclusion of the program, the resident will give a lecture and exhibit their work in the Swine gallery.
Nashville International Airport Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Public Art for the Consolidated Rental Agency Complex (CONRAC) Facility – Concrete Columns Project
Deadline: July 15
The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority and Arts at the Airport invite artists to submit their qualifications to design and install a public artwork to be integrated onto 23 concrete columns leading to the Nashville International Airport’s Consolidated Rental Agency Complex (CONRAC). Artists must comply with the submission requirements described in this Request for Qualifications to be considered.